- New TDLC Data Grid!
TDLC has a new large capacity (15 TB) server on which to store and share its data! For instructions on how to use the server, click here. (For future reference, the instructions are also available under Quick Links).
- International Mind Brain Education Conference
Nov. 6-8, 2014; Fort Worth, Texas. More
- The Art of Science Learning, Innovation Launch
Thursday, Oct. 16, 5:30-8:00 p.m.,
Balboa Park Grand Ballroom
Art + Science + Learning = Innovation!
Hosted by the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership and
funded by the National Science Foundatio. More
- IBNS 2015 Call for Symposia/Satellite Proposals
The Annual Meeting of the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society (IBNS) will be held at the Fairmont Empress Hotel, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, from June 2-7, 2015. The deadline for priority consideration of symposium proposals is October 17, 2014. More
- TDLC News - September 2014 is now available!
- TDLC Investigators Marian Bartlett, Gwen Littlefort, and Javier Movellan in the News! (Sept. 3, 2014)
Emotient Gains Exclusive Rights to New, Expansive Patent Issued for Automated Facial Action Coding System
- Matching Learning Style to Instructional Method: Effects on Comprehension
This paper by former TDLC trainee Beth Rogowsky, along with Barbara Calhoun and TDLC's Director of Translation, Paula Talla, was recently published in the Journal of Educational Psychology (July 28 , 2014).
- Four UC San Diego Faculty Win ‘Early Concept’ Grants from Obama’s BRAIN Initiative
TDLC Co-Director Dr. Andrea Chiba is one of four scientists at UC San Diego (among 36 recipients nationwide) who have been awarded Early Concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER) awards from the National Science Foundation! TDLC researchers Janet Wiles and Laleh Quinn are also mentioned as primary researchers on the grant! Read more
- Dr. Terrence Sejnowski on KUSI News (8/14/14)
Salk Institute laboratory head talks new role in brain cells
TDLC's SejnowskI discusses newly discovered role of astrocytes in the brain.
- Gyorgy Buzsaki featured in articles about "Neurodata Without Borders." The collaborative project is aimed at making databases about the brain more useable and accessible for neuroscientists worldwide.
Neuroscience collaboration aims to increase data sharing
(8/5/14, The Daily Californian)
Prominent U.S. Research Institutions Announce Collaboration Toward
Sharing and Standardizing Neuroscience Data (8/4/14, The Kavli
- TDLC's Terry Sejnowski, with Barbara Oakley, have put together a set of lectures for Coursera on "Learning How to Learn," which launched on August 1, 2014, and will continue through the month. Click here to join or to learn more!
- Dr. Gedeon Deák Interviewed on Hangout On Air
August 5, 2014, 9:00-9:30 am (PST)
Click here to view the webcast More information
- Terry Sejnowski and Team Featured in the News:
Memory Relies On Astrocytes, The Brain’s Lesser Known Cells
(July 30, 2014, redOrbit)
Astrocytes, The Brain's Lesser Known Cells, Get Some Cognitive Respect
(July 28, 2014, Science 2.0)
- Tea For 3: Trainees Get To Know One Another!
Beginning this Fall, Tea for 3, a new, fun program to facilitate increased interaction among TDLC Trainees, will begin. Carmela Arstill, TDLC’s Diversity, Outreach & Translation Programs Manager, along with REU Trainee, Sarah Saturday, will be in charge of the logistics of the program. The simple idea is to prompt sets of three TDLC trainees, at multiple career stages and from different labs, to meet briefly to discuss their research and career plans over coffee or tea. More
- Gyuri Buzsaki Selected As A Thompson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher for 2014!
TDLC Investigator Dr. Gyuri Buzsaki has been selected as a 2014 Thompson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher. To earn this distinction, a researcher "ranks among the top 1% most cited for their subject field and year of publication, earning them the mark of exceptional impact." Members represent "some of the world's leading scientific minds." TDLC investigator Rusty Gage is also a member of this distinguished group. More
More TDLC-Related News
This work was supported in part by NSF grant SMA 1041755 to the Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center, an NSF Science of Learning Center.
TDLC Members-Only Area
We will be temporarily disabling the members-only area on the TDLC website. Documents in this area have been placed in the TDLC Wiki. Please click here and log into the Wiki to access the restricted documents