July 22, 2021 (10 am ET) - Part 3 - What Do the Best Teachers Do? Pedagogies that Work for Online, Hybrid and Face-to-Face Learning
- Following from Part 1 and 2 of this 3-part series, this seminar focused on the practical applications of evidence-informed interventions from the learning sciences in K-16 classrooms. Click here to view the presentation!
This is the third session of our three-part series “Digital Learning: Promises and Possibilities for the Science of Learning in a Post-Pandemic Educational Landscape.” This series features Tracey Tokuhama-Espinosa, Ph.D., Harvard University Extension School and Dr. Courtney L. Teague director of professional learning content and learner experience with the Verizon Innovative Learning Schools initiative at Digital Promise. See below for information about Part 1 and Part 2.
June 17, 2021 (10 a.m. ET) - Part 2 - How the design of educational experiences has changed forever thanks to new digital tools for learning: Digital tools and instructional design
- Following from Part 1 of this 3-part series, this seminar focuses on the diversity of digital tools that can be used to design and orchestrate learning experiences in a variety of settings. Dr Tracey Tokuhama-Epinosa will provide a comprehensive introduction to guidelines and frameworks for instructional design for different learning contexts and settings. Dr Jianwei Zhang will hone in on one specific pedagogy that designs and facilitates learning as a collaborative process of productive knowledge building and describe how specialized tools have been designed to make knowledge building visible. Click here to view the seminar
Part 3 of the series will focus on evidence-based practices.
May 7, 2021 Global Virtual Conference - Part 1 - Digital Learning: Promises and Possibilities for the Science of Learning in a Post-Pandemic Educational Landscape
January 26, 2021
Highlights of 2020 Moving Forward in 2021
November 21, 2020
- What We Have Learned From School Disruptions from the Pandemic.
Keynote panel presentation to the World Education Frontiers Forum about lessons learned from COVID school disruption
Andrea Chiba, Ph.D, Winsome Waite, PH.D, and the Hon. Bob Wise.
Recorded video: please click here
September 22, 2020 - event from our community - International Symposium:
- Updates on the study of the development of self-regulation, cognitive control, and executive functions - Click here to view the flyer
August 27, 2020 - Global Connections Between COVID, Poverty, and Science of Learning
- Recorded video, please click here
- Presenter: Sebastian J. Lipina, Ph.D.,
Director: Unit of Applied Neurobiology, Center for Medical Education and Clinical Research Norberto Quirno (CEMIC),
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Slides: Childhood Poverty in Times of COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities for SoL perspective
- Respondent: Elena Pasquinelli, Ph.D., Fondation La Main à la pâte
Slides: Covid-19, the crisis, critical thinking and preparing citizens for a better future
- Presenter: Kumar Garg, Managing Partner and Head of Partnerships at Schmidt Futures
Also, updates of collaboration, funding opportunities, and working groups
Andrea A Chiba, Co-Director Temporal Dynamic Learning Center and Professor, Cognitive Science; UC San Diego, and Co-Founder, Global Science of Learning Network
Hon. Bob Wise, Coordinator and Co-Founder, Global Science of Learning Education Network
Please contact Shelley Marquez (email@example.com) for more information.
June 18, 2020 - Supporting Teachers Through Global Challenges with the Science of Learning
Cohosting videoconference with UNESCO and International Mind, Brain, and Education Society (IMBES).
May 1, 2020 - Global Science of Learning in this time of great education and economic upheaval (virtual conference)
- Meeting Introduction - Bob Wise, Interim Coordinator, GSoLEN;
former West Virginia Governor, US Congressman, and national educational nonprofit leader.
- Addressing learning during and after the pandemic (pdf) - Andrea A. Chiba, Professor, Dept. of Cognitive Science and Program In Neuroscience,
UC San Diego; Science Director and Co-Director, Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center; Co-Founder GSoLEN
- Education disrupted - education rebuilt - Video presentation by Andreas Schleicher, Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Click here to download a pdf of the PowerPoint slides from the video presentation.
- A framework to guide an education response to the COVID-19 Pandemic of 2020 (pdf) - OECD
The Global Science of Learning Design Convening
- September 26-27, 2018;
W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills
- Click here to view details of the event (Note: this will take you to a different but similar-looking website)
Global Convergence on the Science of Learning
- February 8-10, 2018;
Alexandria, VA. Click here to view details of the event
Note: The Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center, the National Public Education Support Fund, and the Alliance for Excellent Education were the initial founders of GSoLEN and the convenors of the LA 2018 conference.