January 26, 2021 - Upcoming Virtual Conference
- Lessons for How People Learn: Opportunities and Imperatives in a Post-COVID World
Time: 8:30 am EST Time (East Coast U.S.) and 9:30 pm Hong Kong Time
Click here for more information, speaker bios, and to register.
Highlights of 2020 Moving Forward in 2021
September 22, 2020 - event from our community - International Symposium:
- Updates on the study of the development of self-regulation, cognitive control, and executive functions
Click here to view the flyer
August 27, 2020 - Global Connections Between COVID, Poverty, and Science of Learning
- Recorded video, please click here
- Presenter: Sebastian J. Lipina, Ph.D.,
Director: Unit of Applied Neurobiology, Center for Medical Education and Clinical Research Norberto Quirno (CEMIC),
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Slides: Childhood Poverty in Times of COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities for SoL perspective
- Respondent: Elena Pasquinelli, Ph.D., Fondation La Main à la pâte
Slides: Covid-19, the crisis, critical thinking and preparing citizens for a better future
- Presenter: Kumar Garg, Managing Partner and Head of Partnerships at Schmidt Futures
Also, updates of collaboration, funding opportunities, and working groups
Andrea A Chiba, Co-Director Temporal Dynamic Learning Center and Professor, Cognitive Science; UC San Diego, and Co-Founder, Global Science of Learning Network
Hon. Bob Wise, Coordinator and Co-Founder, Global Science of Learning Education Network
Please contact Shelley Marquez (email@example.com) for more information.
June 18, 2020 - Supporting Teachers Through Global Challenges with the Science of Learning
Cohosting videoconference with UNESCO and International Mind, Brain, and Education Society (IMBES).
May 1, 2020 - Global Science of Learning in this time of great education and economic upheaval (virtual conference)
- Meeting Introduction - Bob Wise, Interim Coordinator, GSoLEN;
former West Virginia Governor, US Congressman, and national educational nonprofit leader.
- Addressing learning during and after the pandemic (pdf) - Andrea A. Chiba, Professor, Dept. of Cognitive Science and Program In Neuroscience,
UC San Diego; Science Director and Co-Director, Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center; Co-Founder GSoLEN
- Education disrupted - education rebuilt - Video presentation by Andreas Schleicher, Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Click here to download a pdf of the PowerPoint slides from the video presentation.
- A framework to guide an education response to the COVID-19 Pandemic of 2020 (pdf) - OECD
The Global Science of Learning Design Convening
- September 26-27, 2018;
W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills
- Click here to view details of the event (Note: this will take you to a different but similar-looking website)
Global Convergence on the Science of Learning
- February 8-10, 2018;
Alexandria, VA. Click here to view details of the event
Note: The Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center, the National Public Education Support Fund, and the Alliance for Excellent Education were the initial founders of GSoLEN and the convenors of the LA 2018 conference.