Saturday, March 18, 2017, at 9:45 AM
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
(Online registration is required)
TDLC's Educator Network will offer a free screening of the film "SCREENAGERS: GROWING UP IN THE DIGITAL AGE" to celebrate Brain Awareness Week on Saturday, March 18th, at the UCSD San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) East Auditorium at 9:45 am. A discussion will follow.
Summary of the film: "Award-winning SCREENAGERS probes into the vulnerable corners of family life, including the director's own, and depicts messy struggles over social media, video games, academics and internet addiction. Through surprising insights from authors and brain scientists solutions emerge on how we can empower kids to best navigate the digital world." (taken from the Screenagers website)
San Diego Supercomputer Center East Auditorium:
10100 Hopkins Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 (Google Map)
FREE PARKING available in Hopkins Parking Garage.
Online Registration is required (Deadline: March 15, 2017) - CLICK HERE to REGISTER
Map and Directions:
Driving Directions from the 5 Freeway to SDSC: (Also see campus area map)
- From Interstate 5:
- Exit Genesee, turn West off exit. (From the south, turn left. From the north, turn right.)
* Note: intersection is currently under a long term construction project. Please allow extra time.
- At the top of the hill, turn left at North Torrey Pines Road.
- At the first light, turn left on Northpoint Drive into the UC San Diego campus.
- Follow Northpoint Drive past the campus Information Booth.
- Continue on Northpoint as it turns right and becomes Hopkins Drive.
- Turn right on Voigt Drive (South of RIMAC and SDSC).
- Enter the Hopkins Parking Structure at the top of the hill (Level 6). FREE PARKING available.
> CLICK HERE to download the event flier
> Screenagers website: Screenagersmovie.com
> For questions, please contact Kate Shanks: firstname.lastname@example.org.